Coverage for your farm property and contents
What does Farm property insurance cover?
Customize your Farm coverage with the help of your local Co-operators Financial Advisor. In addition to our basic packages that insure your farm against fire, lightning and explosion, you can purchase more coverage for:
- Escape of fuel oil
- Accidental glass breakage
- Collapse of building
- Lock repair or replacement
- Family member in health care facility
- Funeral benefits
- Outdoor swimming pools on premises
- Impact by vehicle or aircraft
- Falling objects
- Ice backup
- Vandalism or malicious damage
- Tornado, windstorm, smoke and hail
- Riot, theft
- Water escape and rupture
- Home-based businesses
Bundle your coverage and save
Our Enhanced Coverage Endorsement provides you with 17 farm-related coverage options offering increased coverage at a package price. If individually purchased, this coverage would cost much more.
Part 1 - The following property extensions are only applicable to existing coverages which are shown on the Certificate of Insurance.
- Increased debris removal, up to 10% with a minimum per occurrence of $20,000
- Increased fire department charges, up to $20,000
- Farm structure contents removed from structure covered up to 50% of the limit of insurance
- Fire damage to grain, hay, straw, fodder, silage fruit or other produce not harvested, in swaths or piles, up to $5,000
- Coverage for exterior farm signs, up to $5,000
- Coverage for fire to fences/corrals, up to $5,000
- Loss of use for farm machinery if farm machinery is insured under Elite, up to a maximum of $15,000
Part 2 - The following extensions are in addition to the existing coverages which are already shown on the Certificate of Insurance.
- Coverage for fuel and fuel tanks for an insured loss, up to $5,000
- Coverage for valuable papers and records for an insured loss, up to $2,500
- Coverage for damage to fences and corrals caused by impact by land vehicle, up to $1,000
- Coverage for grain, hay, or other produce not harvested for impact by land vehicle while standing in swaths or piles, up to $1,000
- Extra expenses to resume operations following damage by an insured loss to buildings, attached equipment, contents and/or livestock, up to $10,000
- Coverage for fire extinguisher recharge expenses when used to reduce or prevent damage from an insured loss, up to $2,500
- Crime coverage for robbery, up to $5,000
- Coverage for hay, straw, fodder and silage for most damage, up to $25,000
- Coverage for fertilizer and chemicals for most damage, up to $10,000
- Coverage for threshed grain, seed, beans and harvested fruit for most damage (fruit coverage is restricted to five days), up to $100,000
Solar panel installations
Solar equipment installations are subject to a number of issues, including weather damage. Let us take the worry out of your solar panel setup with insurance specifically designed to cover solar panels and related equipment. We even cover installations by third parties that are renting your rooftop to produce power. Give your local Financial Advisor a call to find out more.
Ask us about extra coverage options
We cover your farm for most incidents with extra coverage that you can add on to your policy, including:
*Only available for Ontario and Alberta Homeowners.
- Replacement Cost Guarantee for farm dwellings
- Extended Water Coverage for farm dwellings
- Comprehensive Water for farm dwellings*
- Equipment Breakdown
- Replacement off site for farm structures
Contact your local Co-operators Financial Advisor for more information on Farm property and contents insurance.