Secure your business with crime coverage
There are several ways that businesses could be exposed to crime, both from within the organization as a result of employee infidelity and from without. Crime Insurance provides coverage for events not covered by most property or liability insurance policies. Your Co-operators Financial Advisor can help tailor our Comprehensive Dishonesty, Disappearance and Destruction coverage to meet your specific needs.
Our crime coverage can protect your business from losses due to:
- Employee dishonesty: Provides coverage for fraudulent acts committed by an employee, e.g. employee forges your signature and withdraws money from your account.
- Loss of money and securities inside and outside your premises: Provides coverage in the event money is stolen from your cash register or night deposit bag.
- Counterfeit money or money orders: Provides coverage for purchases made with counterfeit cash or money orders.
- Depositors forgery: Provides coverage if your bank accepts business cheques that were stolen and used for fraudulent purposes.
- Credit Card, Debit Card or Automated Teller Card: Provides coverage for any loss incurred by the insured as a result of falsification or alteration of any document required when using a credit card, debit card or automated teller card issued in the name of the insured.
- Professional Fees in the event of a loss: Provides coverage for all necessary and reasonable professional fees in order to establish the amount of the loss.
For janitorial operations, we can provide coverage for losses where you are legally liable..
In addition to the right coverage, your best strategy against crime is through prevention. Your Financial Advisor can give you tips and advice on how to reduce the risk of crime in your business. For more information on our Crime Coverage, talk to your local Financial Advisor.